Welcome to our Creativity Abounds Design Team August Blog Hop! We’re a group of Stampin’ Up Demonstrators from across the world that create two projects a month with the goal of inspiring you to make cards.
Here is our incredible team…
This month we are showcasing Christmas! We can select anything from the July-December Mini Catalog or Annual Catalog to make our cards or projects.
Many happy memories of my childhood centers on Candy Canes. As a small child, we would tie different colored ribbons around candy canes and hang them on the Christmas Tree. My grandfather was really into model trains and his entire basement was set up with decorated train tracks that could run multiple train sets at the same time. We spent hours with him sitting on high stools so we could see the trains pass along the tracks. At Christmas time, he would put mini candy canes in one of the box cars. As the train went pass, my brother and I tried to slide the box car door open and grab a candy cane. I can still hear the train whistles, the smell of smoke coming out of the engine, and the excitement when we were able to grab a candy cane.
So, when I saw the Sweetest Christmas Suite in the July-December Mini Catalog (pages 8 and 9), I knew it would be one of my first purchases. The suite includes two different bundles Sweet Candy Cane and Christmas Banner, Beautiful Sweetest Christmas Designer Series paper, Red and White Glimmer paper, Garden Green and Real Red Ribbon, and Seasonal Sequins. It’s the perfect suite for making lots of amazing Christmas cards.
Here is the card I created for the Blog Hop.
To Make This Card:
- Cut a 4.25″ x 11.0″ (10.5 cm x 29.7 cm) piece of Real Red cardstock and score it at 5.5″ (14.9 cm). Use a bone folder to make a crisp fold on the score lines. Cut 2.75″ (7.5 cm) off the front of the card and keep this piece to be used in another step.
- Cut a 2.50″ x 4.0″ (6.0 cm x 10.0 cm) piece of Sweetest Christmas Designer Series paper and attach it to the front flap of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Use the third largest scalloped die from the Scalloped Contour Dies and the Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine to cut out a scalloped rectangle out of Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp the “Wishing you lots of love, joy, & happiness this Christmas season and always” sentiment on the lower right-hand side of the Basic White scalloped rectangle using Real Red ink.
- Attach the stamped scalloped rectangle to the right-hand side of the Real Red cardstock that you cut off the card front using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach just the left-hand side of the Real Red cardstock to the front flap of the card.
- Use the dies to cut out two red and white candy canes from the Sweetest Christmas Designer Series paper or stamp them with Real Red ink and then cut them out.
- Cross the two candy canes and attach them to the left-hand side of the card front using dimensionals.
- Tie a bow with the Real Red Ribbon and attach to the center of the candy canes using a glue dot.
- Attach 4.0″ x 5.25″ (10.0 cm x 14.4 cm) piece of Basic White cardstock to the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
Thank you for visiting my blog, Sea Ranch Creations today. Please visit the links of my team members listed below. I know they will provide you with lots of wonderful ideas.
September is my Birthday Month
To celebrate my Birthday Month, I’m sending everyone who places an ORDER with me a Special Mystery Box Gift with new retired products worth double the amount of your order! I’m including bundles, stamp sets, dies, punches, designer series paper, ribbons, and embellishments in every Special Mystery Box Gift.
Creativity Abounds Design Team Christmas Tutorial Bundle
You’ll receive 13 different cards or projects with complete instructions and photos to help you replicate the designs.
You can get the Creativity Abounds Design Team Christmas Tutorial Bundle one of four ways:
- Placing a $50 or more ORDER with me using my Host Code P9EP3W76.
- Purchase the Christmas Tutorial from my Tutorial Store for $15.
- Join my Sea Ranch Creations Tutorial Membership and you’ll be able to select one Tutorial Bundle every month for just $12. See all the details HERE.
- Become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and a member of the Sea Ranch Creations Papercrafters Team and you’ll receive a FREE Tutorial Bundle each month.
Here is the Sneak Peek of the Christmas Tutorial Bundle.
This is the card I designed for the Christmas Tutorial BundleProduct List