Welcome to our Creativity Abounds May Blog Hop! We’re a group of Stampin’ Up Demonstrators from across the world that create two projects a month with the goal of inspiring you to make cards.
Here are the members of our awesome Design Team ….
Our Design Team is featuring the new 2022-2024 In Colors for our monthly Tutorial and Blog Hop. The In Colors are vibrant and complement many of our beloved colors. My current favorite is Sweet Sorbet – it is a beautiful shade of red and reminds me of summertime. Last week, I used Parakeet Party and Tahitian Tide in most of the cards I created as they go together so well. I’m still getting acquainted with Orchid Oasis and Starry Sky.
I’ve been going through our family cedar chest and admiring the incredible quilts made by my great, great grandmother, Lucretia and my great grandmother, Rachel. These were remarkable women who lived on farms and hand stitched quilts as well as made clothing for their families. I took one of the quilt designs and used it to create my card to showcase the new In Colors. I hope you like it….
To make this card,
- Cut a 4.25″ x 11″ (10.5 cm x 29.7 cm) piece of Starry Sky cardstock and score it at 5.5″ (14.9 cm). Use a bone folder to make a crisp fold at the score line
- Cut a 4.0″ x 5.25 (10 cm x 14.4 cm) piece of Basic White cardstock and score it on the long side (horizontal) at 1″ (2.5 cm), 3″ (7 cm) and 4″ (10 cm). Then score it on the short side (vertical) at 1″ (2.5 cm) and 3″ (7 cm). Do not use a bone folder to make crisp folds on score lines. You will use these score lines to place the pieces on the quilt.
- Use the smallest square of the Stylish Shapes Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to cut out 1″ square out of each of the flowered designs of Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, and Orchid Oasis from the 2022-2024 In Color Designer Series paper.
- Use the smallest square of the Stylish Shapes Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to cut out 1″ square out of each of the dots designs of Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, and Orchid Oasis from the 2022-2024 In Color Designer Series paper.
- Use your Trimmer to make a diagonal cut on each of the squares so you end up with triangles.
- Arrange the triangles onto the Basic White cardstock and attach with your favorite adhesive.
- Using the two largest stitched banners and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine cut out the largest background banner using the gingham design of Starry Sky and the second largest banner using Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp the “Happy Birthday sentiment from the Happiness Abounds Stamp Set onto the Basic White banner using Starry Sky ink.
- Attach the stamped Basic White banner to the Starry Sky banner using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach the Starry Sky banner with sentiment to the lower portion of the card front using dimensionals.
- Attach the Starry Sky Metallic Ribbon around the 4″ (10 cm) score line. Tie a double bow of the Starry Sky Metallic Ribbon and attach to the 4″ score line using a glue dot.
- Cut a 4.0″ x 5.25″ (10 cm x 14.4 cm) Basic White cardstock and attach it to the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Arrange the remaining triangles to the right-hand side of the Basic White cardstock and attach with your favorite adhesive.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations! I’ll be posting another quilt design using the In Colors on Saturday so be sure to come back for a visit. Please check out all of the creative cards produced by my teammates by clicking the links below.
If you’ve enjoyed today’s Design Team’s Blog, you’ll want to get the May Creativity Abounds In Colors Tutorial Bundle that we’ve created just for you. You can receive the 12 Tutorials by placing a $50 or more ORDER with me OR you can PURCHASE the Tutorials for $15 from my Tutorial Store. Here are the sneak peeks of our Tutorials. Please email me at Susan@SeaRanchCreations.com if you have any questions.
Join the 5th International Creativity Abounds Stamp Camp on July 22 and 23!
We’ll be featuring the Hues of Happiness Suite and the Silver Metallic Cotton Ribbon. Place your ORDER for the Hues of Happiness Suite (Item Number 158828) and Silver Metallic Edge Cotton Ribbon (Item Number 159193) and I’ll mail you the card kits and email the detailed Tutorial instructions as well as Videos for each Tutorial. You will also have access to an Exclusive Hues of Happiness Stamp Camp Facebook Page so you can interact with other crafters and see Live Videos of all 12 Bonus Projects. If you don’t have a Facebook Account, no worries you can still take advantage of all the Videos of the Bonus projects using a list of YouTube Video links I will email to you.
Please email me at Sussan@SeaRanchCreations.com if you have any questions.