Welcome to our Creativity Abounds June Blog Hop! We’re a group of Stampin’ Up Demonstrators from across the world that create two projects a month with the goal of inspiring you to make cards.
Here are the members of our awesome Design Team ….
This month the Creativity Abounds Design Team is featuring Masculine Cards. I selected the Paradise Palms bundle to design my card. I will probably use this as a Father’s Day card for my husband.
I really want the palm trees to stand out, so I used Silver Embossing Powder and my Heat Tool. Then I used Blending Brushes and different inks to create the background for the card. I hope you like it.
To Make This Card:
- Cut out a 5.5″ x 8.5″ (14.9 cm x 21 cm) piece of Pacific Point cardstock and score it at 4.25″ (10 cm). Cut 1″ (2.5 cm) off the front of the card.
- Heat Emboss the palm trees onto a 3″ x 5.25″ (7 cm x 14.4 cm) piece of Basic White cardstock using Veramark pad, Silver Embossing Powder, and Heat Tool.
- Color the background using Blending Brushes with Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, and Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Attach the colored and silver embossed piece to the front flap of the card using adhesive.
- Stamp the “Hope You Find A Little Paradise Wherever You May Be” sentiment from the Paradise Palms Stamp set onto Pacific Point cardstock using Basis Black ink.
- Use the largest rectangle die from the Stylish Shapes Dies and the Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine to cut out the sentiment on Pacific Point cardstock.
- Cut the Pacific Point large rectangle in half using the Paper Timmer and attach to the lower portion of the card using dimensionals.
- Add Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the sentiment and in the palm trees to simulate coconuts.
- Use the border die from the Palms Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to cut out a border using Pacific Point cardstock.
- Attach the Pacific Point border to a 4.0″ x 5.25″ (10 cm x 14.4 cm) pieces of Basic White cardstock and decide which sentiment you would like to use inside the card. I’m not sure if I’ll use the “Happy Birthday” sentiment from this stamp set or the “Happy Father’s Day” sentiment from the Celebrating You Stamp set.
- Attach the Basic White cardstock to the inside of the card using adhesive.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations! Please check out all of the creative cards produced by my teammates by clicking the links below.
If you’ve enjoyed today’s Design Team’s Blog, you’ll want to get the June Creativity Abounds Masculine Cards Tutorial Bundle that we’ve created just for you. You can receive the 13 Tutorials by placing a $50 or more ORDER with me OR you can PURCHASE the Tutorials for $15 from my Tutorial Store. Here are the sneak peeks of our Tutorials. Please email me at Susan@SeaRanchCreations.com if you have any questions.
Join the 5th International Creativity Abounds Stamp Camp on July 22 and 23!
We’ll be featuring the Hues of Happiness Suite and the Silver Metallic Cotton Ribbon. Place your ORDER for the Hues of Happiness Suite (Item Number 158828) and Silver Metallic Edge Cotton Ribbon (Item Number 159193) and I’ll mail you the card kits and email the detailed Tutorial instructions as well as Videos for each Tutorial. You will also have access to an Exclusive Hues of Happiness Stamp Camp Facebook Page so you can interact with other crafters and see Live Videos of all 12 Bonus Projects. If you don’t have a Facebook Account, no worries you can still take advantage of all the Videos of the Bonus projects using a list of YouTube Video links I will email to you.
Please email me at Susan@SeaRanchCreations.com if you have any questions.
Here are the products to replicate today’s card….Product List