The Casually Crafting Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world, gathered together to share our passion for creativity with you. Our focus is to bring you inspiration featuring projects that are easy to create while still packing a powerful creative punch. The projects are made with only a few products, making them ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter.
This month is a Color Challenge. Look at all the colors below (Sweet Sorbet, Sahara Sand, and Coastal Cabana) and take a moment to think about what type of card you might design …
I’ve been wanting to play around with the Handmade Tag Punch found on page 21 of the July-December Mini Catalog, so I thought this challenge was the perfect opportunity to make a fun card. I used the Pretty Prints Designer Series paper because it had Sweet Sorbet and Coastal Cabana as background colors with beautiful leaf prints. You can see the products below:
Here’s my card….
To Make This Card,
- Cut a 5.5″ x 8.5″ (14.9 cm x 21.0 cm) piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock and score it at 4.25″ (10.5 cm). Use a bone folder to make a crisp fold on the score line.
- Cut a 4.0″ x 5.25″ (14.4 cm x 10 cm) piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock and attach it to the card front using your favorite adhesive.
- Cut a 3.75″ x 5.0″ (13.9 cm x 9.5 cm) piece of Sahara Sand cardstock and attach it to the Coastal Cabana cardstock using your favorite adhesive.
- Punch out 2 Sweet Sorbet and 2 Coastal Cabana prints from the Pretty Prints Designer Series paper using the Handmade Tag Punch.
- Cut both of the Coastal Cabana tags and 1 of the Sweet Sorbet tag in half using a paper trimmer.
- Attach the half pieces of the Sweet Sorbet tag in the center of the top and bottom of the Sahara Sand cardstock using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach the 4 half pieces of the Castal Cabana tag on each side of the Sahara Sand cardstock using your favorite adhesive.
- Stamp the “Thank You” sentiment from the Peaceful Moments Stamp Set in the center of the whole Sweet Sorbet tag using Basic Black ink.
- Attach the stamped whole Sweet Sorbet tag in the center of the card with dimensionals.
- Tie a bow using the Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon and attach to the bottom of the card with a glue dot.
- Add 3 Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the front of the card.
I hope you like this quick and easy Thank You card. I appreciate your visit to my blog – Sea Ranch Creations! Please leave a comment or share a picture of the cards you make using my design! Don’t forget to explore the other awesome designers’ cards by clicking on their links.
Are you looking for fresh ideas for making cards or are you looking for ideas for your card classes? If you answered “yes”, think about getting the Creativity Abounds Anything but Christmas Tutorial Bundle. You’ll receive 13 different cards or projects with complete instructions and photos to help you replicate the designs.
You can get the Anything But Christmas Tutorial Bundle one of four ways:
- Placing a $50 or more ORDER with me using my Host Code D396W3TX. I will email you the Tutorial and Glitter Washi Tape as a special Thank You Gift for your order. If you order before August 31st, you will also earn a free Sale-A-Bration gift from Stampin’ Up!
- Purchase the Anything but Christmas Tutorial from my Tutorial Store for $15.
- Join my Sea Ranch Creations Tutorial Membership and you’ll be able to select one Tutorial Bundle every month for just $12. See all the details HERE.
- Become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and a member of the Sea Ranch Creations Papercrafters Team and you’ll receive a FREE Tutorial Bundle each month.
See the Sneak Peek photos of each Tutorial below.