This month we’re making cards with a Holiday theme! We’re hoping our cards will inspire you to start thinking about the cards you want to send out for the Holidays.
I’ve fallen in love with the Penguin Place Bundle from the new July-December Mini Catalog and the Penguin Playmates 12 x 12 Designer Series paper you can earn with a $50 purchase using Sale-A-Bration rewards.
I learned how to make a Curvy Pop Up Card watching a video by Lisa Curcio. I made a Holiday version of this fun fold design. It’s much easier than it looks. I used Misty Moonlight for the card base, I fancy cut the images of the penguin, polar bear, snowman, fox, and bird out of the Penguin Playmates Designer Series paper.
To make this card,
- Card Base:
- Cut out a piece of 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock and score it at 2.75″. Use your bone folder on the score line to make a crisp fold.
- Cut out two 4.0″ x 2.5″ piece of Penguin Playmates Designer Series paper and attach them to the card base using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach the bird on the top left-hand side of the card base using dimensionals.
- Middle Layer:
- Cut out a piece of 2.0″ x 4.5″ piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock and score it at 0.5″, 2.25″, and 4.0″.
- Attach the snowman and the polar bear to the two panels using dimensionals.
- Line up the center of this layer with the center of the card base at the bottom and attach the tabs on each end using your favorite adhesive (see photo below).
- Front Layer:
- Cut out a 1.25″ x 6.5″ piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock and score it at 0.5″ on each end.
- Cut out a 1.0″ x 5.25″ piece of Penguin Playmates Designer Series paper
- Attach a strip of Misty Moonlight Ribbon to the center of the Penguin Playmates Designer Series paper and secure in the back. Tie a small knot onto the Misty Moonlight Ribbon.
- Attach the front layer to the bottom of the card base at the tabs on each end using your favorite adhesive (see photo below).
- Attach the Penguin and Fox to the front layer using dimensionals.
Now you may be wondering how to mail this card…just flatten the middle and front layers and the card will side perfectly into a regular A2 envelope.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations! Please take time to look at all the other amazing Holiday cards designed by other demonstrators. I know you will find some incredible card designs.
Stampin’ Up is currently having a 15% off SALE on selected Designer Series papers. This would be a great time to stock up on some of your favorite papers! I just love the Hand-Penned paper so that will definitely be on my shopping list. I also want to start my Holiday cards so this is the perfect time to buy some of the Tidings of Christmas paper.
Place a $50 or more order on my Online Store and use the Host Code, CZYMRU4T, to receive a beautiful Thank You card and the Creativity Abounds Design Team Hand-Penned Tutorial Bundle as gifts from me. You’re going to love these cards.