There is another bundle in the Ornate Garden Suite called Ornate Style. The bundle consists of a stamp set with lots of flowers and a die set which includes numerous fancy frame borders.
The card I designed uses pieces of the Ornate Garden designer series paper, one of the fancy frames from the Ornate Layers dies, and the Old Olive ribbon from the combo pack.
To make the card
- Select three different papers from the Ornate Garden designer series paper. I selected two flower prints and a pattern for the front of my card.
- Cut each paper into a 1.5″ x 3.0″ piece.
- Use adhesive to attach the three different papers to a 3.25″ x 5.0″ piece of cardstock. I used Multi Purpose Glue to attach the papers to Whisper White cardstock.
- Add a strip of ribbon and attach to the back of the cardstock. I used the Old Olive ribbon.
- Attach the cardstock to a card base cut at 5.5″ x 8.5″ scored at 4.25″. I decided on Terracotta Tile cardstock for my card base.
- Cut out one of the frames from a scrap of cardstock using the Ornate Layers die.
- Stamp a sentiment onto the frame in your choice of ink. I stamped the “Thinking of You” sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set using Terracotta Tile ink.
- Use dimensionals to attach the frame to the front of the card.
I made the insert cutting one of the the Ornate Layers dies on to a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 4.0″ x 5.25″. The flowers on the insert match the four flowers on the corners of the frame I used on the front of the card. It’s awesome that everything coordinates!
I hope you like this card as much as I do. By just using the two different die sets and the beautiful papers from the Ornate Garden suite you can make a variety of amazing cards.
If you are interested in purchasing any of the products to make this card, you can order on-line by clicking on my Shop Now button at the top of this blog and using this month’s host code H3PGVCNT when you check out. I really appreciate your business!
Please leave a comment below.