I’m thrilled to be a new member of the Ink and Inspiration Design Team. This will be my first posting in the group and I’m very excited to be here. This group is made up of Stampin’ Up Demonstrators from around the world and our goal is to inspire folks to share their special talents to make and send cards to family and friends.
This month our theme is Sweet Suites. This means we can select any suite in the Stampin’ Up catalog and design a card using the components of the suite. I decided to play with the Expressions In Ink Suite. This suite comes with the Artistically Inked Stamp Set that has beautiful flowers and leaves that are detailed yet they give the impression of creating a watercolor painting without the water. The Artistic Dies gives you the flexibility to cut out different types of flowers and leaves to accent your design. The Expressions In Ink Specialty Designer Series papers are truly incredible. You will love them so much you might just put them into a frame. Finally, this suite comes with the Expressions In Ink Ephemera Pack that contains multiple sheets of stunning leaves, frames, and other highlights made out of gold foil.
I’m still waiting for my package of Expressions In Ink Specialty Designer Series paper and the Expressions In Ink Ephemera Pack to arrive in my order later this week. I hope to still inspire you to purchase this suite by just using the Artistically Inked Stamp Set and Artistic Dies. Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think.
Papers and Measurements
- Card Base – Polished Pink: 5.5″ x 8.5″ scored at 4.25″
- Layer 1 – Pale Papaya: 4.0″ x 5.25″
- Layer 2 –
- Basic White cardstock: 4.0″ x 5.0″
- Adhesive Sheet: 4.0″ x 5.0″
- Embellishments – Polished Pink Open Weave Ribbon and Gems
- Inside the Card –Pale Papaya: 4.0″ x 5.25″
To make this card:
- Fold the Polished Pink cardstock along the score line and use a bone folder to make a crisp fold.
- Attach the Pale Papaya cardstock (Layer 1) to the card base using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach the Basic White cardstock to the Adhesive Sheet.
- Use the large flower arrangement from the Artistic Dies and the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine to cut out the large flower die out of the Basic White cardstock with Adhesive Sheet backing.
- Color in the parts of the large flower arrangement using the 2021-2023 In Color Markers or 2021-2023 In Color Bends.
- Peel the Adhesive Sheet off the back of the large flower arrangement and stick it to the upper portion of the Pale Papaya cardstock (Layer 1).
- Stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment from the Artistically Inked Stamp set to the lower left-hand side of the Pale Papaya cardstock (Layer 1) using Polished Pink ink.
- Tie a bow using approximately 8″ of the Polished Pink Ribbon and attach to the front of the card using a glue dot.
- Add three Polish Pink Gems to the front of the card
- Stamp the leaves in Soft Succulent ink and the circular flower in Polished Pink ink onto the Pale Papaya cardstock.
- Attach the Pale Papaya cardstock to the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
Thank you for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations. Please leave a comment and “hop” by to see the other amazing demonstrator’s creations.