Welcome to our Creativity Abounds Design Team August Blog Hop! We’re a group of Stampin’ Up Demonstrators from across the world that create two projects a month with the goal of inspiring you to make cards.
Here is our incredible team! Welcome our new team members – Jan Clothier and Lotte Noordzij. I know you’re going to love their card designs and projects.
This month we’ll be sharing lots of Fun Fold Cards with the hopes of inspiring your card making! I selected the Ragal Reindeer Bundle and the On-Line Exclusive: One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series paper to design my Fun Fold Card.
Here is my finished Double Diamond Fun Fold Card. It was a lot of fun to create.
To Make This Card:
- Cut a piece of 4 1/4″ x 11″ (10.5 cm x 29.7 cm) Shaded Spruce cardstock and make a gate card by scoring on the long side at 2 3/4″ (7 cm) and 8 1/4″ (21 cm).
- Use a bone folder to make crisp folds along the score lines.
- Cut two mechanism pieces 1 1/4″ x 2 5/8″ (3.0 cm x 6.5 cm) out of Shaded Spruce cardstock and score on the short side at 5/8″ (1.5 cm).
- Fold both mechanism pieces along the score lines and attach each piece to the flaps of the front of the card. See the photo below:
- Cut two mats for the front flaps out of 2 1/2″ x 4″ (6.5 cm x 10.0 cm) pieces of Early Expresso cardstock.
- Cut two 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ (6.0 cm x 9.5 cm) pieces of the first One Horse Open Sleigh DSP and attach to the two Early Expresso mats using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach the One Horse Open Sleigh DSP and mats to the flaps of the card fronts using your favorite adhesive.
- Cut two 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ (7.0 cm x 7.0 cm) squares out of Shaded Spruce cardstock.
- Cut two 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ (6.5 cm x 6.5 cm) squares out of Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp the three trees from the Regal Reindeer Stamp Set onto the Basic White squares in a diamond orientation using Shaded Spruce ink.
- Stamp the two reindeers from the Regal Reindeer Stamp Set onto scraps of Basic White using Memento ink.
- Use Stampin’ Blends to color the reindeer images and attach to the stamped Basic White cardstock diamonds using dimensionals.
- Attach the 4″ x 5 1/4″ (10.0 cm x 14.4 cm) piece of the second One Horse Open Sleigh DSP to the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Stamp the “Merry Christmas” sentiment onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Use the label die from Cheerful Daisies Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to cut out the sentiment.
- Attach the sentiment to the top of the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach the bottom of the first One Horse Open Sleigh DSP to a 4″ x 5 1/4″ (10.0 cm x 14.4 cm) piece of Basic White cardstock and attach to the back of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Add seven Cherry Cobbler pearls from the Festive Pearls to the card.
Thank you for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations! Please visit the links of my team members listed below. I know they will provide you with lots of inspiration for making Fun Fold Cards.
Here are the products needed to replicate my Fun Fold Card:Product List
If you liked the Fun Fold Cards in this month’s Blog Hop, you’ll want to purchase the Creativity Abounds Design Team Fun Fold Cards Tutorial. This bundle contains 12 different cards with measurements in inches and centimeters and detailed step-by-step instructions for you to easily replicate the cards.
You can get the Creativity Abounds Design Team Fun Fold Cards Tutorial Bundle one of four ways:
- Place a $50 or more ORDER with me using my Host Code FGW3U3UB.
- Buy Now the Fun Fold Cards Tutorial for $15.
- Join my Sea Ranch Creations Tutorial Membership and you’ll be able to select one Tutorial Bundle every month for just $12.
- Become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and a member of the Sea Ranch Creations Papercrafters Team and you’ll receive a FREE Tutorial Bundle each month.
Here is the Sneak Peek of the Fun Fold Card Tutorial