Welcome to the March Casually Crafting Design Team Blog Hop
We are a group of demonstrators from around the world sharing simple but awesome card designs that can be made using designer series paper, stamp sets, ink, punches, and embellishments. Our hope is that you will use one of our card designs and the materials you already have to create cards to send to your friends and family. Who doesn’t love to receive a handmade card with a special note in the mail! 😍
I’m so happy to be a new member of the Casually Crafting Design Team! This will be my first month designing a card for this group and I hope you like my samples. I’ll start with a simple design using the Sweet Strawberry Stamp Set, Strawberry Builder Punch, Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper, Circle Punch (2.25″), Real Red Satin Ribbon, and Red Rhinestones.
To make the card,
- Cut a 4.25″ x 11.0″ Real Red cardstock and score at 5.5″. Use a bone folder to make a crisp fold on the score line. This will be your cardbase.
- Cut out a 2.5″ x 5.25″ piece of strawberry designer paper and attach it to the right-hand side of the card front using your favorite adhesive.
- Cut out a 1.5″ x 5.25″ piece of green plaid designer paper and attach it to the left-hand side of the card front using your favorite adhesive.
- Use the 2.25″ circle punch and cut out a circle out of Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment “That was so sweet of you” from the Sweet Strawberry Stamp Set onto the Basic White circle using Real Red ink.
- Make a loop with a 6.0″ strip of Satin Real Red ribbon and attach it to the back of the Basic White circle using tape or glue dots.
- Use the Strawberry Builder punch to cut out a strawberry top stem using Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- Use the Strawberry Builder punch to cut out 4 strawberries using the designer series paper.
- Fold each of the 4 strawberries in half and attach them to one another using multipurpose glue. This will be the 3-D Strawberry.
- Attach the Strawberry Top Stem and assembled 3-D Strawberry onto the Basic White circle using multi-purpose glue.
- Attach the Basic White circle to the card front using dimensionals.
- Add three Real Red Rhinestones to the Basic White circle.
Inside the Card,
- Cut a 4.0″ x 5.25″ piece of Basic White cardstock and attach it to the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach a 0.75″ x 5.25″ strip of Strawberry designer series paper to the left-hand side of the Basic White cardstock.
If you have the Greenery Embossing Folder, the Layer Circle Dies, and the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine you can update the original design to make this card. All the measurements are the same.
- Use the Greenery Embossing Folder and Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine to emboss leaves onto Garden Green cardstock and attach it to the left-hand side of the card front using your favorite adhesive.
- Use the Layer Circle Dies and the Stampin’ cut and Emboss Machine to cut out a 2.25″ circle out of Basic White cardstock and a 2.50″scalloped circle using Real Red cardstock.
- Attach the Basic White circle to the Real Red scalloped circle with your favorite adhesive.
Here is the revised card:
You are on Susan Schultz’s Sea Ranch Creations blog. You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – see the list below to help you to visit all the different demonstrators’ blogs and get many amazing ideas.
Thank you so much for visiting our Casually Crafting Blog Hop!