The Casually Crafting Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world, gathered together to share our passion for creativity with you. Our focus is to bring you inspiration featuring projects that are easy to create while still packing a powerful creative punch. The projects are made with only a few products, making them ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter.
This month the Casually Crafting Design Team is featuring products from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. I made a Fun Fold Card that I’ve never made before. I used the Beautifully Happy Stamp Set which has a two-stamping process for the flowers and leaves as well as awesome sentiments. The paper from the Dandy Designs Designer Series paper reminds me of Easter colors and I’m already beginning to think about the incredible cards I’ll be making with this paper. Each of these rewards from the Sale-A-Bration catalog can be yours when you place a $100 or more order.
Here is my card….
To Make the Card
- Cut a 5.5″ x 8.5″ (14.9 cm x 21.0 cm) piece of Highland Heather cardstock and score on the long side at 4.25″ (10.5 cm).
- Turn cardstock to the short side and at 1.25″ (3.3 cm) cut down to the score line. Repeat on the other side of the card so you have two small panels and a middle panel.
- Attach the two 1.0″ x 4.0″ (2.5 cm x 10.0 cm) pieces of the Dandy Designs DSP to the two side panels using your favorite adhesive.
- Towards the bottom of the front of the card attach a 1″ x 5.5″ (2.5 cm x 14.9 cm) piece of Highland Heather cardstock only to the two side panels using your favorite adhesive.
- Stamp the “For A Very Happy Birthday” sentiment from the Beautifully Happy Stamp Set onto the 0.5″ x 5.5 (1.3 cm x 14.9 cm) piece of Basic White cardstock using Fresh Freesia ink.
- Attach the stamped Basic White cardstock to the Highland Heather strip using your favorite adhesive.
- Add 2 Highland Heather Pastel Pearls to each side of the sentiment.
- Stamp the image of the flower arrangement to the center of the 2.75″ x 4.0″ (6.5 cm x 10.0 cm) piece of Basic White cardstock using Crumb Cake ink.
- Use blends to color in the flowers and leaves. I used Granny Apple Green for the leaves. I colored the flowers with Fresh Freesia and Highland Heather blends.
- Attach a 2.75″ x 4.0″ (6.5 cm x 10.0 cm) piece of Basic White cardstock to the middle panel using your favorite adhesive.
- Add a Gorgeous Grape Pastel Pearl embellishment to the center of the large flower.
- Attach a 4.0″ x 5.25″ (10.0 cm x 14.4 cm) pieces of Basic White cardstock to the inside of the card.
- Attach two 1.0″ x 4.0″ (2.5 cm x 10.0 cm) pieces of the Dandy Designs DSP to the two side panels of the Basic White cardstock using your favorite adhesive.
These are photos of the different layers of the card.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, Sea Ranch Creations, today and please leave a comment below. Be sure to go to the other links and see all the wonderful cards made with Sale-A-Bration products!
Join me and the International Creativity Abounds Design Team for our February Stamp Camp featuring the By the Bay Suite. The Stamp Camp is scheduled for February 10th and 11th if you live in North America and February 11th and 12th if you live outside North America. Once you register for the Stamp Camp, I’ll email you a complete schedule of each demonstrator’s presentation.
How to I participate in the Stamp Camp? Just ORDER the By the Bay Suite and use host code BNVHY6H2. I will mail you the 13 card kits and email you the link for the exclusive Facebook page for detailed tutorials and videos for each card as well as live demonstrations of 13 additional cards and/or projects that we’ve made using the By the Bay products. Since February is a Sale-A-Bration month you’ll also be able to select a FREE Sale-A-Bration item with your purchase of the By the Bay Suite.
What if I don’t use Facebook? No, problem I’ll email you the You Tube links to all the videos and you can watch them when you have the time on your device. No worries!
Here is the Fun Fold card I designed for the By the Bay Tutorial! I’ll walk you through all the steps for making this fun card.
Email me at Susan@SeaRanchCreations.com if you have any questions.