The Casually Crafting Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world, gathered together to share our passion for creativity with you. Our focus is to bring you inspiration featuring projects that are easy to create while still packing a powerful creative punch. The projects are made with a few products, making them ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter. From time-to-time, we may also include a project that is stepped-up for the added wow-factor.
This month our team will be creating cards inspired by this Sketch Challenge. As you’re looking at each card, see how the designer used the sketch to create their card.
I’ve used the Elegantly Said Bundle and Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series paper to make my card. I really like how the Basic Black cardstock, Gold Foil, Very Vanilla cardstock, and designer series paper complement one another.
To make the card:
- Cut a 5.5″ x 8.5″ piece of Basic Black cardstock and score it at 4.25″. Use the bone folder to make a crisp fold at the score line. Cut 1″ on the right-hand side of the card front.
- Cut a 3.0″ x 3.25″ piece of Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series paper and three strips of 0.5″ x 3.0″.
- Attach the Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series paper with equal spaces between the pieces using your favorite adhesive
- Stamp the “Thank You” sentiment from the Elegantly Said Stamp set onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Basic Black ink.
- Attach it to the lower right-hand corner of the large piece of Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series paper using your favorite adhesive.
- Stamp the flower image from the Elegantly Said Stamp set onto a 2.0″ x 2.0″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Basic Black ink.
- Cut a 2.25″ x2.25″ of Gold Foil paper.
- Attach the stamped flower image Very Vanilla cardstock to the Gold Foil and attach the larger piece of Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series paper using dimensionals.
- Stamp the border image from the Elegantly Said Stamp set onto the Very Vanilla cardstock using Basic Black ink
- Attach the Very Vanilla cardstock to the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Add three Matte Black Dots to the card front.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations. Please take some time and “hop” to see the amazing cards designed by other members of our team. I know they will inspire you with their creativity.