The Casually Crafting Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world, gathered together to share our passion for creativity with you. Our focus is to bring you inspiration featuring projects that are easy to create while still packing a powerful creative punch. The projects are made with only a few products, making them ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter.
This month is a Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Look at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge Chart below and take a moment to think about what type of card you might design with the following possibilities…
I learned how to make this Double Triangle Fun Fold Card from Patty Bennett. I made some design changes and used the Flowering Tulip Stamp set with the Flowering Fields Designer Series paper to make it my own card. I decided to use the bottom row of the chart to make my card… Red (Poppy Parade), Pink (Petal Pink), and White (Basic White).
To Make This Card:
- Cut a 4.25″ x 5.5″ (10.4 cm x 14.9 cm) piece of Poppy Parade cardstock. This will be the background for the card.
- Cut a 4.0″ x 10.0″ (10.0 cm x 25.5 cm) piece of Basic White cardstock and score at 5.0″. Use a Bone Folder to make a crisp fold along the score line.
- Cut two 3.0″ x 3.0″ (7.0 cm x 7.0 cm) flowered squares of Flowering Fields Designer Series paper and score each square in half on a diagonal. Use a Bone Folder to make crisp folds on each score line.
- Attach the back fold of each flowered square to the back of the Basic White cardstock using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach a 3.75″ x 4.75″ (9.5 cm x 13.4 cm) piece of Flowering Fields Designer Series paper to the front of the Basic White cardstock using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach the Basic White cardstock to the Poppy Parade background card using your favorite adhesive.
- Make a belly band using a 1.0″ x 12.0″(2.5 cm x 30.5 cm) strip of Petal Pink cardstock. Use a Banners Pick A Punch to cut one end of the Petal Pink Strip. Gently fold the strip of Petal Pink cardstock so it folds around the sides of the card. Cut a scrap of Poppy Parade to make with the Banners Pick A Punch to make a small accent piece and glue it to the Petal Pink band. Attach the banner in the front so the banner cut shows on the right-hand side.
- Stamp the “Thank you, You are so Thoughtful” circular sentiment from the Flowering Tulips Stamp set onto Petal Pink cardstock using Poppy Parade ink.
- Punch out the sentiment with the Label Me Lovely Punch.
- Cut another shape with the Label Me Lovely Punch using Poppy Parade cardstock. Cut this shape in half. Glue the two pieces of the Poppy Parade cardstock to the back of the Petal Pink cardstock with sentiment.
- Attach the sentiment to the center of the Petal Pink belly band.
- Cut a 4.0″ x 5.25″ piece of Basic White cardstock
- Stamp a Tulip using Poppy Parade ink and Petal Pink ink to the bottom right-hand corner of the Basic White cardstock. Stamp the stigmas stamp in the center of the tulip with Evening Evergreen ink.
- Add whatever additional sentiment you would like to the inside of the card.
- Attach the stamped Basic White cardstock inside the card using your favorite adhesive.
Thank you for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations today. Please visit the other links to see some amazing cards by the other designers.
Crafters Please Help Us Support the People of Ukraine
The Creativity Abounds Design Team has created a Ukraine Tutorial Bundle to use as a Fundraiser. We are selling our Tutorial Bundle for $15 US and all the money will be sent to the International Committee of the Red Cross to help the Ukrainian People.
Last week, I sent $300.00 US to the International Committee of the Red Cross for Ukraine. Thank you to customers, family, and friends who have purchased the Tutorial and/or Celebrate Sunflower Bundle and/or who have made cash donations. But the Ukrainian people need financial support now, so please help us to raise more money!
The Creativity Abounds Ukraine Tutorial Bundle is on sale for $15 in the US. You can PAY HERE using PayPal, Venmo, or Credit Card and you’ll immediately receive the Creativity Abounds Ukraine Tutorial Bundle through email.
OR you can PURCHASE the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle (# 154065) which is on sale for $45.50 and use Host Code BRNWYTYU. I’ll make a $15 donation to Ukraine and email you the Creativity Abounds Ukraine Tutorial Bundle as a Thank You Gift.
Here are some other ways to support our Ukraine Fundraiser
For the month of March, Stampin’ Up is offering a 20% Sale off the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. The Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine includes all the plates you’ll need to emboss and cut dies for your card making. It is normally $60 but is on sale now for just $48. Click to PURCHASE the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and use the Host Code BRNWYTYU. I’ll make a $15 donation to Ukraine and email you the Creativity Abounds Ukraine Tutorial Bundle as a Thank You Gift.
In addition to the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, there are 13 Stamp Sets and Dies (Bundles) that are also on sale for 20% Off. To see a complete list of the Bundles and Sale Prices, please click HERE. When you make a purchase, please use Host Code BRNWYTYU and I’ll make a $15 donation to Ukraine and email you the Creativity Abounds Ukraine Tutorial Bundle as a Thank You Gift.
If you have any questions, please email me at Susan@SeaRanchCreations.comProduct List