The Casually Crafting Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world, gathered together to share our passion for creativity with you. Our focus is to bring you inspiration featuring projects that are easy to create while still packing a powerful creative punch. The projects are made with a few products, making them ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter. From time-to-time, we may also include a project that is stepped-up for the added wow-factor.
This month our team will be creating cards inspired by this Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Our cards need to contain all the elements listed in a vertical line or horizontal line or diagonal line. As you’re looking at each card, go back to the challenge to see what collection of items the designer used to create their card.
I used the Hand-Penned Suite to create my card. This suite includes the Hand-Penned Petals Bundle, the Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper, and the Genial Gems. I also used Basic White cardstock, Granny Apple Green cardstock, Misty Moonlight cardstock, Granny Apple Green ink, Misty Moonlight ink, Tailored Tag Punch, and Pal Papaya Ribbon.
(Granny Apple Green): 5.5″ x 8.5″ scored at 1.25″ and 4.25″
Insert (Basic White): 4.0″
Moonlight): 1.0” x 5.5”
Series Paper: 2.75” x 5.25”
(Basic White and Granny Apple Green): scraps
To Make Card:
- Fold the Granny Apple Green card base on the two score lines and use a bone folder to make a crisp fold. At the 1.25″ score mark, fold the right-hand side of card front back towards the middle of the card front.
- Add Hand-Penned Designer Series paper to the front of the card base using your favorite adhesive.
- Attach the strip of Misty Moonlight cardstock to the middle of the front flap using your favorite adhesive.
- Stamp the flower along the right-hand side of the Basic White cardstock using Granny Apple Green ink.
- Attach the stamped Basic White cardstock to the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Use the Tailored Tag Punch to cut out a Basic White and Granny Apple Green tags.
- Cut the Granny Apple Green tag in half along the horizontal axis.
- Attach the two Granny Apple Green tag pieces to the top and bottom of the Basic White tag using your favorite adhesive.
- Stamp the “Thanks” sentiment from the Hand-Penned Petals Stamp set to the Basic White tag using Misty Moonlight ink.
- Tie a bow out of 10″ of Pale Papaya Ribbon and attach to the center of the Misty Moonlight strip using a glue dot.
- Attach the stamped sentiment just below the bow using dimensionals. Be sure to only use dimensionals on the left-hand side of the sentiment so the card will open.
- Add a few Pale Papaya Genial Gems to the sentiment.
So which Tic Tac Toe elements did I use to create my card? The next time you’re not sure what kind of card you want to make, grab this challenge, and see how you can use the different elements to make a beautiful card.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations. Please take some time and “hop” to see the amazing cards designed by other members of our team. I know they will inspire you with their creativity.
Place a $50 or more order on my Online Store and use the Host Code WS3W4ERY to receive a beautiful Thank You card and the Creativity Abounds Design Team Hand-Penned Tutorial Bundle. You’re going to love these cards.
If you purchased the Hand-Penned Suite from me in May or June you will get this Tutorial Bundle as part of our Hand-Penned Stamp Camp along with your 9 make and takes. I can’t wait for our sessions the evening of June 25 and all day on June 26th. All sessions will be recorded so you can watch them anytime.