The Casually Crafting Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world, gathered together to share our passion for creativity with you. Our focus is to bring you inspiration featuring projects that are easy to create while still packing a powerful creative punch. The projects are made with only a few products, making them ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter.
This month is a Sketch Challenge. Look at the Sketch below and take a moment to think about what type of card you might design …
I took inspiration from the Sketch but added my own variation to come up with my card. I selected Highland Heather as the card base and Daffodil Delight for the inside as these colors were highlighted in the designer series paper. I altered the width and lengths of 5 strips of Hand-Penned Designer Series paper and cut out mats using Daffodil Delight cardstock.
To make this card:
- Cut a 5.5″ x 8.5″ (14.9 cm x 21.0 cm) piece of Highland Heather cardstock and score it at 4.25″ (10.5 cm). Cut 1.0″ (2.5 cm) off the right-hand side of the front of the card.
- Cut a 4.0″ x 5.25″ (10.0 cm x 14.4 cm) piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock and attach it to the inside of the card using your favorite adhesive.
- Stamp the “Thanks” sentiment from the Hand-Penned Petals Stamp Set to the center of the bottom of Daffodil Delight cardstock using Highland Heather ink.
- Cut five different mats out of Daffodil Delight cardstock – one piece at 1.25″ x 3.0″, two pieces at 1.0″ x 2.75″, and two pieces of 0.75″ x 2.5″
- Cut five strips of Hand-Penned Designer Series paper so there is a 1/8th of an inch border – one piece at 1.125″ x 2.875″, two pieces at 0.875″ x 2.625″, and two pieces of 0.624″ x 2.375″.
- Attach the Hand-Penned Designer Series paper to the Daffodil Delight mats using your favorite adhesive.
- Arrange the mats on the front of the card and attach with your favorite adhesive.
- Add 4 Highland Heather gems from the Pastel Pearls set.
Thank you for visiting my blog – Sea Ranch Creations today. Please visit the other links to see some amazing cards by the other designers.
Symbols of Fortune Stamp Camp: Join me and the Creativity Abounds Design Team for the 4th International Stamp Camp on April 29 and 30th! You won’t want to miss these amazing cards and projects!
We’ve each created a card featuring the beautiful Symbols of Fortune Suite. The suite pictured below includes the Crane of Fortune Bundle (stamp set & dies); the stunning Symbols of Fortune Designer Series paper with gold highlights on one side of each sheet, the Mother of Pearl Specialty paper, a beautiful Soft Succulent Satin Shimmer Ribbon, and Polished Dots.
I’ll email you the 13 Tutorials complete with photos, instructions, and video when you purchase the Symbols of Fortune Suite and use Host Code SW9UQHPZ (click on photo above to purchase). Once you order the Symbols of Fortune Suite, I’ll mail you the 13 card kits so you can make the cards using the Tutorials.
This is the card I created for the Symbols of Fortune Stamp Camp…
In addition to the 13 Tutorials, you’ll receive an invitation to an exclusive Facebook Group where each of us will demonstrate (live video) a Bonus project that you’ll be able to replicate using the materials from the Symbols of Fortune Suite. The lives will all be recorded so you’ll have unlimited access to view the videos.
When you order the Symbols of Fortune Suite, you’ll have access to 26 card and project designs! Please purchase the Symbols of Fortune Suite no later than April 18th, so I can get all the materials prepared for your card kits.
I hope you’ll be ab le to join us! Email me at Susan@SeaRanchCreations.com if you have any questions.